Smells can have a huge impact on our mood. The right essential oil can actually help uplift your mood. Depression is one of the most common disorders that many of us are fighting to deal with. The good news is that essential oils can help you start your day better. Positive results from using essential oils may vary from one person to the other. However, the right combination of medical support and aroma therapy can work wonders for you.
- Lavender oils are very commonly used in aromatherapy. The soft, and pleasant smell creates a calming effect. Pregnant women in labor rooms are often suggested lavender essential oils by midwives for a better experience. Additionally, the use of lavender essential oils during delivery reduces depression related to hormonal imbalances. You can also use lavender oils in your bedroom for better sleep and renewed energy.
- Chamomile can be effective for treating conditions like inflammation. Additionally, symptoms of anxiety and depression can be warded off easily. In other words, chamomile is a great way to enhance motivation.
- Grapefruit is a great way to feel invigorated and energised. Grapefruit essential oil can be highly effective for those trying to attain sobriety. It becomes easier to deal with the withdrawal symptoms and enhance your chances of recovery. The sharp fragrance uplifts your heavy mood and invokes a feeling of happiness and calm.
- Bergamot contains a citric essential oil that freshens up and uplifts your mood. Aromatherapists over the years claim to have treated depression, stress, and anxiety with the fragrant scent.
- Rosemary is a popular culinary herb that has plenty of anti-depressant properties. If you feel emotional or sad, this highly refreshing aroma oil can uplift your mood. This essential oil is well known for inducing better sleep and reduce anxiety.
If you are looking for side-effect free alternatives, a good blend of essential oils can make a difference in the way you feel. However, having said that it is important to watch for any possible allergies. While most of the essential oils are considered safe for use, you need to exercise caution in case of pregnancy, pets, and babies. If you use the oil in a diffuser, you must dilute it with the right amount of water. Moreover, you must not underestimate the importance of personal care.
A lifestyle content writer, Moumita loves travelling and visiting new countries. Originally from Kolkata, Moumita now lives in the Netherlands.
For more such articles and content on health & wellness, don’t forget to follow us!