High Protein Beans Tikki
Legumes such as lima beans are a low-glycemic index food, making them a great choice for people with PCOS. Beans are also rich in soluble fibre, which helps your body absorb carbohydrates more slowly and regulates your blood sugar levels. They contain several important nutrients and may help increase weight loss, stabilise blood sugar levels, and promote heart health.
They are also rich in folate, iron which gives all the reasons to consume this yummy tikki chaat.
- 1 cup – lima beans
- 1/2 – onion grated
- 1 tsp – ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp – red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp – turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – dhania and jeera powder
- 1 tsp – garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp – almond flour for that extra crunch
- Olive oil for shallow fry
- Salt to taste
How to make it?
- Soak the beans for 4 hours & boil it till there are 2 whistles.
- Drain out the water and make a rough paste (not very fine) in the mixer or food processor.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, green chillis & all the mentioned spices & blend.
*Disclaimer: The views expressed by the writer are in their personal capacity only and aren’t to be replaced with medical advise.
After battling her own PCOS struggles and journey, Neha leads a community for women with PCOS and help them manage their symptoms naturally. You can follow her work and page @lookgoodinpcos.