“You can’t really love someone else unless you really love yourself first”– Fred Rogers
May has been established as the month of mental health awareness. This May, let us take a moment to foster our relationship with ourselves and take the steps to cultivate self-love. I follow this simple 20-minute ritual once a week – Switch on the aeroplane mode on my phone. Grab a bottle of my favourite Lavender moisturiser, find a comfortable position on my bed and begin massaging my feet and let this wonderful playlist play in the background!
- Scars to Your Beautiful – Alessia Cara – “The world should change. You are beautiful just the way you are”. These lines by Alessia remind me that I don’t need to change myself for anyone or anything and help me accept myself just the way I am.
- Me- Taylor Swift –“I promise that you’ll never find another like me”. What better song than this to remind myself that I am different from everybody!
- Perfect to Me – Anne Marie – On my list, because this one sends a beautiful message of self – love and celebrate my own imperfection.
- Love you Zindagi – Amit Trivedi & Jasleen Royal- “Jo dil se lage, use keh do hi hi hi. Jo dil na lage, use keh do bye bye bye!” – Simple lyrics with a strong message that life is all about embracing the things that make you happy and letting go things that make you not so happy.
- Suno Aisha – Amit Trivedi – Perfect song to end the self – love ritual and head into the real world knowing that there is no one in the world like me!
Click below to access the Playlist
For more such articles and content on health & wellness, don’t forget to follow us!