In our last post, we discussed why it is important to have higher levels of esteem and self-love becomes the essence of it. How? More so, how with nature?
Remember that mother nature doesn’t charge us or judge us. She is all in.
Here are my ideas on how you can indulge in self-love with nature :
For The Crazy Ideator :
You had those crazy ideas as a small girl or boy but your circle wasn’t ready to see it. Of course, some parts were wild but some were good too. As you grew up anything that came out of your mouth/ from your thoughts seemed crazy. And that’s when you learned the art of shutting up.
What if we tell you there is a safe space for you to plan and execute your ideas?
- Find or make your own safe spot facing a tree. Be it a park or your window with a garden.
- Pick a topic/theme.
- Start with questions/ doubts you had in the particular topic.
- Speak it out to a tree, if you are hesitant have conversation in mind.
- Why a tree ? Trees waves and listens patiently and is an easier way to have self realisations, connecting to the subconscious mind.
- In no time you would have answers and a best friend.
- Trust me it could change you or save you.
For Lazy Afternoon Lovers:
You love to laze around in your free time but swiping and scrolling is irritating after a while and you have very little energy left after all those working hours. I got you, been there, and done it.
What if I tell you there is a lazing fun thing to do in your backyard?
- Take a paper and pencil, if you have a set of crayons/ colored pencils. Great ! Welcome aboard artist.
- Find anything – a leaf, a flower, a spider.
- Observe it and sketch.
I hear you I am not an artist and I have a busy lifestyle. That’s exactly why you should do it.
All the while for 15 mins, only your nature element matters, and your mind was at the present. You didn’t think of your boss/ dinner menu or any problem.
You were fully immersed in the intricacies of your nature pick. What better way to live at present or appreciate small things or not get annoyed by an instagram story and come back laughing at your sketch that might probably look like a kid’s attempt.
This is just the start. There are a million ways to explore yourself and nature. Like all the roads leading into Rome. There is no self-love wrong or right way and every way leads into a beautiful journey.
Educator and Founder of Thicket Tales which capacitates children and families to explore and learn from their surroundings through games, experiments and projects.
For more such articles and content on health & wellness, don’t forget to follow us!