Ever wondered if your low sex drive could be because of the food you’re eating? Well, it definitely can be! Your sex drive, or libido, is greatly influenced by biological and physical factors. What you put into your body can have a direct impact on how you feel and how your body reacts to physical stimulation. Different foods stimulate different hormones and chemicals in your body, and stimulating the right ones can help improve your libido.
Here are some foods that can help improve your performance and increase your sex drive:
1. Strawberries are rich in vitamin C and a host of antioxidants, both of which have been linked to higher sperm count in men.
2. Avocados are good for your health in general, but especially for your heart health and blood circulation. They are packed with vitamins E and B6, potassium, and monounsaturated fats, which are all important for a strong, healthy heart.
3. Almonds contain selenium, zinc and vitamin E. These minerals and vitamins have been shown to improve sexual health and performance. Zinc is helpful in producing testosterone, while vitamin E is good for heart health and selenium is helpful with fertility issues. The omega-3 fatty acids in almonds may also improve sex drive.
4. Sweet potatoes are rich in potassium, beta-carotene and vitamin. Potassium helps with high blood pressure, which has an impact on erectile function. The beta-carotene provides vitamin A, which may be helpful in cases of infertility.
5. Pesto is great for peak performance because of its high levels of zinc. Women with higher levels of zinc are found to have a better sex drive, and the pine nuts in pesto are an excellent source for this.
6. Watermelon is a great libido booster. It contains more lycopene than tomatoes and is comparable to viagra in its ability to relax muscles and increase blood circulation to certain areas of your body.
7. Pomegranate is good for virility. Pomegranate has a positive effect on erectile dysfunction and has antioxidants that are linked to improved blood flow.
8. Coffee contains a particular stimulant that promotes a good mood, especially in women.
9. Chocolate increases both serotonin and dopamine levels, leading to a happier, more relaxed, and less stressed state of mind. It is a great mood booster and has been shown in studies to heighten feelings of arousal and sexual passion.
10. Celery contains steroids called aldosterone and androstanol. When consumed, these chemicals travel through our sweat glands and work to attract the opposite sex. It also has arginine, which helps expand blood vessels in the same way viagra does.
You can literally spice up your sex life by incorporating some foods into your diet. The role of nutrition and food impacts every aspect of your life, whether you realise it or not.
Kamal Brar is a Holistic Health Health Coach at Rachna Restores and you can find more details about her HERE. For more such articles and content on health & wellness, don’t forget to follow us!